Right now, there are 35 million people worldwide with a substance use disorder, and only one in seven receive treatment.
There are several barriers to treatment, whether perceived or actual, that prevent people from seeking treatment at a recovery center. Barriers include denial or inability to accept they have a problem, lack of social support from family or friends, fear of attending treatment, and finances or treatment costs. Some may even have family or friends discouraging recovery treatment.
Recovery Centers Eliminate Barriers
- At a recovery center, there are programs for those who are not ready for change. We use special therapies like psychoeducation, dialectical behavior, and motivational interviewing to help someone see that they can still begin receiving care even if they aren’t ready to change.
- A recovery center provides family therapy for you and anyone close to you affected by alcohol use or substance use disorders. We understand when one person in a family has a substance use disorder, all members are affected. Drug and alcohol misuse changes the structure of a family and causes some to react in more harmful ways, like enabling. Family therapy helps everyone understand the disease of addiction, set healthy boundaries, and support one another in recovery.
- Many times a fear of treatment is really a fear that treatment won’t work. It’s possible they have attended treatment in the past and relapsed. That’s okay. At Dedicato, we create a plan based on each person’s needs. An individualized plan takes an integrative, holistic approach. We focus on healing the whole person. We have data and testimonies from previous participants that can share their success stories.
- A recovery center typically provides both insurance and self-pay treatment plans. We do not want you to miss out on treatment because of money. Right now, your substance use disorder is costing you much more than recovery treatment.
- Payment options include applying for insurance coverage. We assist in this process. We can also provide a payment plan where only a portion of the fees is due on specific dates. Finally, you may want to ask friends and family to help pay the fees. We can help you find a way to afford treatment.
Addiction Recovery Care Options
There are no one-size-fits-all treatments. That’s why recovery centers provide treatment programs when it comes to overcoming substance use disorders. Recovery treatment for some may involve residential treatment, where they live on campus and have access to numerous staff throughout the day and night. Available are individual and small group counseling, biopsychosocial assessments, and evidence-based therapies.
Others in recovery may benefit from starting an intensive outpatient program. They attend ten or more hours each week of individual, group, and family therapy but rather than living on campus, they live at home.
If you seek recovery as part of a court-ordered program, attending the right recovery center is crucial.
Recovery Centers Individualize Therapies
If everyone who attends a recovery treatment center were only offered cognitive behavioral therapy or talk therapy, many would not gain the skills to maintain recovery. Recovery centers must offer various therapeutic techniques to meet diverse personal needs.
Recovery Centers Address Co-Occurring Disorders
Often, someone with an alcohol use or substance use disorder also has a mental health condition. These are often called co-occurring disorders. It is essential to treat both disorders at the same time to avoid relapse. Recovery treatment centers have licensed professionals who can treat both conditions.
Recovery Centers Provide a Support Team
If you try to quit alcohol or drugs by yourself, you will struggle. Your brain is dependent on substances. It has convinced your body it needs the substance to function. Therefore, you are fighting yourself, your brain to stay sober. It doesn’t have to be this hard.
Recovery centers provide a team just for you. Medication can ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Treatment-specific therapists can help you address various issues such as trauma, mental health, coping skills, relationship problems, and much more.
Another form of support you receive in a treatment center is that of peer support. Knowing you are not alone in the recovery process and that your peers understand what you are going through and want to help you is a vital part of recovery success.
Even More Benefits of Recovery Care
Less mentioned benefits of attending recovery care include:
- A safe environment free of interruptions from friends, family, and dealers.
- Confidential counseling so you can feel free to express yourself.
- Traditional and holistic or alternative opportunities to support healing.
- Professionals with expertise and experience with substance use disorders.
- Learning why you can’t quit using alcohol or drugs when others can easily stop.
- Structure and routine aid in healing the whole body.
A final benefit includes aftercare planning offered by recovery care centers. One of the biggest fears of those in recovery treatment is what will happen once you complete the program and return home. The fact that you are having those thoughts proves how much you want to maintain recovery. That’s why recovery centers offer aftercare planning. You leave treatment feeling prepared to do what it takes to avoid relapse.
Aftercare planning involves connecting you with hometown resources that support your recovery. Aftercare services will vary for everyone but often include a case manager who can help you meet your aftercare goals.
Examples of aftercare services include furthering your education, seeking medical attention, staying on mental health medications and keeping appointments, locating community support groups, housing, employment, and other services that will help you succeed in recovery.
You can start experiencing the benefits of recovery care today by calling us. We are here 24/7.